Back Office Coordinator
Shirley does so much behind the scenes at Genesis Laser & Vein to make sure our clients' insurance needs are met and expectations exceeded. She is perfectly content working behind the scenes. Her expertise and insurance knowledge come from her lengthy career in the medical field, hard work, and trial and error.
The most important thing she has learned about people is to treat them as she wants to be treated. She brings that motto to all her interactions with our patients. She has also realized that with medicine and insurance nothing ever stays the same. Change may not be her favorite thing, but she has become great at it!
More About Shirley
- Hometown: Linn, MO
- Favorite dessert: Chocolate
- Zodiac sign: Cancer
- Favorite movie: Gone with the Wind
- Favorite book: Gone with the Wind
- Favorite quote: “It is what it is.”
- Must have product: Lumivive
- Favorite service: Massage
- Favorite part of my job: Solving insurance problems – denials and authorizations. I enjoy the preciseness of accounting. It makes my day when everything balances.
- I feel the most beautiful: When my grandkids say so – “Mams, you're beautiful!”
- Top strengths: Consistency, Includer, Adaptability, Belief, Connectedness (based on results from Clifton Strengths Assessment).
- Fun fact about me: I’ve been married 2 times the amount of time I was single. I started in the medical field when I was 16.
- Downtime favorites: Playing with my grandkids and reading. I enjoy romance and history books.
- Dream dinner companion: My dad, because I didn’t appreciate his knowledge and common sense when he was alive. He knew so much about so many things that you can’t “google”.