Chandra Prasad, MD, FACS
After receiving a Bachelor's Degree of Science in Electrical Engineering from the University of Mississippi, Dr. Prasad went on to receive his medical degree from Washington University in St. Louis. He remained in St. Louis while he completed his surgical residency at St. Louis University.
Dr. Prasad is board certified in General Surgery and Phlebology (the treatment of vein disease) and is a Fellow in the American College of Surgeons. He began his surgical practice in Jefferson City in 1996 and opened JCMG Laser and Vein Center in 2007. His goal was to create a medical home for clients seeking vein care and to provide the latest technologies and advancements in esthetic care.
During the summer of 2014, Dr. Prasad retired from his surgical practice to focus full time on the treatment of vein disease and medical esthetic services. He enjoys helping people live healthier, happier lives. In his spare time, you can find Dr. Prasad spending time with his wife, four children and granddaughter or whipping up a meal for friends and family in his kitchen. Someday he hopes to have time to pick up his golf habit again, but does enjoy the few days he gets to pursue his favorite sport.
More About Dr. Prasad
- Hometown: Oxford, MS
- Favorite dessert: Cannolis
- Zodiac sign: Gemini
- Favorite movie: Gladiator, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back
- Favorite book: Atlas Shrugged
- Favorite quote: “On matters of principal, stand like a rock. On matters of style, go with the flow.” – Thomas Jefferson
- Must have product: TNS Essential Serum
- Favorite service: CoolSculpting
- Favorite part of my job: Seeing people make healthy changes in their life.
- What beauty means to me: Being the best version of yourself! That is why I love working in esthetics.
- Top strengths: Strategic, Competitive, Focused (based on results from Clifton Strengths Assessment).
- Fun fact about me: I played college golf. I am sensitive. My dad was an orphaned immigrant who moved to the US when he was 24 with only a suitcase and $20.
- Downtime favorites: Working out, spending time with family, and golfing.
- Dream dinner companion: Jesus and my maternal grandfather.