Barb was born and raised in St. Louis. After high school she left the St. Louis area to attend the University of Missouri in Columbia, MO where she received a Bachelor’s of Journalism in Advertising with a minor in Marketing. She then moved out west where she worked in the advertising industry. She later returned to Missouri where she earned a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing from St. Louis University.
After completing her degree, Barb worked as an ICU nurse at St. Louis University where she met her husband, Chandra Prasad. Together they moved to Jefferson City where they have lived and raised their four children since 1995.
Barb started out as the Clinic Coordinator of the Laser and Vein Center in 2008 with just three employees and a part-time vein clinic that offered a few esthetic services. She is currently the Business Manager, managing a business with a staff of 16 and two locations. Her goal is to provide Jefferson City with all the vein and esthetic services and amenities available in a larger city right here in mid-Missouri.
In her downtime, Barb enjoys reading books, exercising and volunteering for her church and community. She also enjoys traveling and hopes to see as much of the world as she can! Her motto is “Be the change you wish to see in the world.” ~Gandhi
More About Barb
- Hometown: St. Louis, MO
- Favorite dessert: Ice cream
- Zodiac sign: Cancer
- Favorite movie: Schindler’s List
- Favorite book: My new favorite is Perfectly Yourself by Matthew Kelly
- Favorite quote: “A ship in harbor is safe – but that is not what ships are built for.” – John A. Shedd
- Must have product: SkinMedica’s TNS Essential Serum
- Favorite service: Triniti Skin Rejuvenation
- Favorite part of my job: Getting to bring new innovations to our community, and the opportunities we get to support local charities (and the relationships we have made because of that).
- I feel the most beautiful: When I’m making a positive difference in someone else’s life.
- Top strengths: Strategic, Learner, Believer (based on results from Clifton Strengths Assessment).