Embrace Your Beauty
Well, this year we are going to commit to the following-through bit. A big one for us is making sure that every visit to our Medspa or Vein Center is perfect. We are up for the challenge of seeing it through. We hope you continue to be a part of our journey in 2018 and notice our commitment to making your visit a pleasurable experience.
Check out our personal resolutions on Facebook, and we would love to hear your intentions for 2018! :)
- "No pain, no gain" – doesn't always have to be a thing. Botox is SO not painful that less than 1% of people request numbing cream or any sort of anesthetic. Personally, I think it feels like a tiny sweat bee sting. It's easier than the dentist.
- Immediate gratification – everyone wants that product or service that has immediate results. Botox comes pretty close. So much faster than creams and lotions that treat wrinkles. Within about a week you will be making wrinkles no more. You're welcome.
- No downtime – Botox in, continue life, makeup immediately, if you like. No big deal. We will even put it on for you!
- It's seasonal – play your cards right and your wrinkles can be seasonal, just like your allergies. It lasts approximately 3 months. So you can put that on your calendar: Medicine for the allergies, Botox for the wrinkles.
- Make your money work for you – not only does Botox stop wrinkles from happening in the moment, it also prevents them from getting worse, and can literally prevent wrinkles from ever happening to you, saving you even more sadness and heartache in the future. It's like a multi-benefit medicine with virtually no side effects. Bam.
- Holiday pictures – get ahead of the game and get Botox well before the holidays, the sooner the better. That's when everyone makes sure to get it, just like everyone buys eggnog for Christmas and pumpkins for Halloween. It's what you do.
- Be polite – hide the full extent of your expressions for the weird dude that gives your kid candy without asking you first (#frownlines), those people (bless their hearts) who try so hard to buy presents you will like (but just never do - #laughlines), and just how much you truly, truly love that pie #crowsfeet. No hot dog forehead for this girl. (Really though, raise your eyebrows and look at your little hot dogs. You know I'm right. #sorry).
- Cost – you can totally customize your look and your own cost. Pick the wrinkle(s) you're most concerned about.
- Convenience – the appointment is scheduled for 15 minutes. That includes the talky talk and catching up on "how's your life?".
It's common knowledge that tanning beds cause skin cancer – no "ifs, ands or buts" about it. Even though the rest of the world considers pale skin to be beautiful, here we all still seem to love having tan skin, myself included. I feel prettier, like my clothes match my body better. Tan skin covers any imperfections, and I can even wear less makeup (anything in life that means I can wear less makeup makes me happy). I feel like the epitome of summer when I'm tan.
A lot of the country has switched over to spray tanning, through various methods such as an individual spraying them down or a machine that does that instead. We love our VersaSpa. It NEVER looks orange. One time, I decided to try darker than I normally go, and even though it was darker than I'd planned, it still looked really pretty and not orange at all.
I love that I have the privacy of my own room, with the booth in it, and that the booth is open so I don't feel claustrophobic, or like I'm in one of those horror movies where the tanning booth could get stuck closed and I might die a long and painful death. The things we worry about!
Something else I love about the VersaSpa Pro is how it makes my skin look and feel. Not only is my tan gorgeously perfect (I love putting the primer on my legs for an extra color boost there), but it's actually GOOD for my skin. The VersaSpa solution is sugar based, infusing green and brown marine algae to improve skin firmness and induce cellular rejuvenation, as well as the restructuring of the skin barrier. We include in every tan the pre-treatment moisturizer and the post-treatment skin conditioner to enhance the quality of the tan and improve the duration of it. Skin care is our game!
*BONUS MedSpa Secret: You can actually come in for ONLY the moisturizer and conditioner treatments, say for instance during the winter when you're dry and need that extra boost for better feeling and looking skin, or if you already have the perfect complexion and just want those benefits all year long.
So this is long, but stick with me here. We have special pedicures. One acquaintance that does nails here in town made the comment that she had seen more fungus here in Missouri than anywhere else... in the country. Um. Ew. This is where our special abilities come into play.
The National Sanitation Foundation (NSF) simulated exaggerated unsanitary pedicure conditions for seven consecutive days. Each day, they were filled with fresh water, oils, pathogenic microorganisms (there are five and I won't bore you with the long names that look like they're a foreign language, but I will tell you included were Staph and E. Coli – for serious), and a nutrient source for the microorganisms.
They circulated all of this every day for an hour before draining. They waited until day seven to clean the jets – and they were only hand cleaned, using store bought cleaner (Lysol) – rinsed the bowls, and then circulated fresh water for five minutes, and proceeded to test the water. It was still 99.9% hygienic. These jets are the first and only certified for disinfection from NSF International.
Podiatrists send their patients here to our MedSpa for their pedicures because we're so sterile, we sterilize all tools after each and every use, AND our nail technicians have actually been trained by a podiatrist as well. It's all pretty impressive if I do say so myself.
We provide all the traditional spa treatments and services: manicures, pedicures, massages, body treatments, facials, microderms. However, spa-ing here at the JCMG LVC MedSpa gives you a SPECIAL option, called "The Signature Treatment". A Signature Treatment firstly allows you to choose aromatherapy based on your individual needs that day: headache relief, a feeling of peace and tranquility to combat anxiety from the day or simply because it feels good, relaxation, etc.
A Signature Treatment also gives you a good deal more massage, and how could that ever be a bad thing? You're already in love aren't you? I know, but wait! There's more. It also includes a hydrating paraffin mask (on your hands during a manicure/facial/microderm) and Leg Vitality mask (which feels amazing during pedicures). The Leg Vitality mask can be purchased off the shelf actually, though we run out rather quickly. This feels fantastic for those with vein issues.
So... MY only question is: Can I please have a Signature Life?
*BONUS MedSpa Secret: Headache Relief also comes in a convenient reusable inhaler that you can purchase and take home with you. From personal experience with a long history of, at times, debilitating tension migraines, I can tell you this drastically improves a tension headache AND migraine, sometimes even diminishing it entirely, relaxing me to the point of feeling like I just drank a glass of red wine.
Something else I've discovered about the "Med" in MedSpa - product secrets. I sometimes legitimately feel guilty that I know all these really helpful beauty secrets that I never knew before, and I'm a curious person, so if I didn't know them I'm sure tons of people don't. I'm going to remedy that right now. These are all things that I personally have used or continue to use.
Product Secret #1: Baby Feet
It's a foot peel, consisting of plastic booties with 17 types of natural extracts that you leave on for an hour, resulting in your feet starting to peel 1-2 days later, lasting for around 5 days. It's incredible. It doesn't hurt. You get new, beautiful, soft feet. I've never seen anything like it in my life.
Product Secret #2: The Corrector Palette from Colorescience
This is the ultimate beauty tool. It's a compact with 6 shades of coverage; I use it to cover my under-eye color, the redness in my cheeks and nose, any other pigmentation, as well as any blemishes or bruising from any procedures. Seriously, no one can tell when I have any skin issues because of this. So if you stay up all night, get filler, have a bad beat up, laser treatments, whatever - no one has to know.
Product Secret #3: Visia
This is a machine that does a photoanalysis. It's super cool, showing you 6 layers of your skin, so the expert here can see exactly where your damage is, and tell you exactly what to do to correct it and look like you've always wanted.
Product Secret #4: Latisse
Eyelashes are an industry in themselves, with tons of mascara to choose from, along with primers, fake lashes, lash extensions, tinting... I could go on. This prescription was discovered during testing with glaucoma patients. Put it on like eyeliner, and watch your lashes grow longer, darker and thicker within a matter of weeks, with full results at 3 months. Seriously guys, when I go running on bike trails, spider webs get stuck in my eyelashes, meaning those babies stick out farther than anything else on my body (which is a good and a bad thing.)
Product Secret #5: Growth Factors
The "Med" in MedSpa is short for medical, meaning we have a doctor onsite who gets access to high quality products, and therefore his patients can take advantage of this access as well. Growth factors would be one of those special access products, maybe the most important one. As we age, our body stops making new skin cells at a rapid rate, resulting in the dreaded wrinkles, sagging skin, dryness... all kinds of things that none of us think of when we describe beauty. Growth factors tell your skin cells that hey, this one cell needs to be replaced, pass it on and make new ones dude. AND THEN YOU DO. It was actually first used on burn victims. You can't time travel, but your skin can!
I have more secrets, but these are a few of my favorite things. You're welcome.